Saturday, May 21, 2011

MAC Week 3 - Wimba Session Reflection

The week 3 Wimba session that was held on Tuesday, May 17th, was both highly informative though frustrating at the beginning. I tried to login to Wimba a couple times but it would end up either kicking me back to the login screen or when I finally got into the room, things were flickering and I could not use any of the features in Wimba at all. I finally got frustrated with dealing with it so ended up just shutting it down resigning myself to the fact that I will just have to watch the archive later.  I found out the next day that the new Firefox is having issues with Wimba and that using Safari is the work around for it as the new Firefox tends to glitch the Wimba controls.

So I switched to Safari to watch the archive. I found this session to be very helpful in what I need to know about the Abstract that needed to be done as well as more detail as to what is expected for the Publishing/Leadership project Wimba session. I was kind of curious as to how the Week 4 Wimba session was going to be done and this one answered all I needed to know on making sure that the project is ready for my session on Friday. The two 'Think Out Loud' blog posts confused me when they first showed up on the Wimba slide but then I realized that I did one part of it already so all I need to do now is focus on getting the second "Think Out Loud" post done and then the quick post for the Publishing/Leadership project done with the links in them. So far, I am on track with everything that was shown in the Wimba session. I just need to tweak my presentation slides just a little more to be more in line with what the Wimba session clarified and I hope to see all the nice projected during the Wimba sessions for next week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for accessing the archive Kris - Yes, the Firefox update was the culprit. So Safari is definitely the browser-du-jour for Wimba.

    Sounds like you have a great grasp on what's needed for the Week 4 activities - please let me know if I can clarify any points.

    ReplyDelete