Sunday, October 17, 2010

PE3_Adobe Flash CS5(Part 3)

Wrap up time! Yay! I have to say that Adobe Flash is not for the faint of heart and I am surprised at just how much I lost in way of knowledge of using the program. Lynda.com had nice tutorials, though I could not access all of them due to not having an account for them. I think I was supposed to get a subscription there through the Masters program but, I am like the red-headed step-child, I seem to almost always get passed by on getting things like that. Anyway, this time I went and focused on just finishing up what would be the main page to my website, where I wanted to make my logo, that I had on my current website, be able to slide out some images of some level designs I have done. I will say right now, I never try and make things nice and simple and this proved to be a huge challenge.
Logo in place 


Honestly, this was hard but somehow I did stumble through it and ended up kind of getting what I wanted. Ah well, I guess I am going to really look forward to the class we have that will allow me to fully focus on learning this program again. This week has been soo hectic that I know I could have done much better had I been able to focus completely on Flash. Flash is definitely a great program and I can see why it is an industry standard and many people use it for games and websites, though there is a big learning curve in using it properly. I am glad that I was able to at least take a small plunge back into the program and look forward to using it more later.

Final layout of the main website page

1 comment:

  1. Kris, reading your observations about Flash made me feel a bit more optimistic. I chose Flash as my practical experience, having no prior knowledge of it, and became a little overwhelmed. Not only by the necessarily dense structure of its navigation but also by the tutorials themselves. I found tutorials on Vimeo that suited me better than lynda.com. I'm much more confident now that I've seen your results. Your final layout is stunning!

    ReplyDelete